Would You Let a Coin Toss Identify Executives to Lead Your Portfolio Company?
Without the appropriate assessments, PE firms have no better than chance at selecting the right leaders to help reach their investment objectives.*
- What process do you use to appraise the ability of executives and leadership teams to reach your investment goals?
- What success criteria (responsibilities, metrics, accountabilities, culture fit) do you consider?
- What methods do you use to assess these criteria?
- How confident are you in your ability to successfully measure these criteria?
- How do you mitigate talent risk to ensure your investment objectives are achievable?
Check out our new flyer: Helping PE Firms Mitigate Talent Risk.
Step 1: Analyze Target Roles
- Identify relevant business & leadership challenges
- Identify unique cultural factors
- Identify Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities (KRAs)
Step 2: Evaluate Executive and/or Leadership Team
- Conduct online personality, cognitive ability, and learning agility assessments
- Conduct Behavioral & Career Interview
- Develop individual & team results reports
Step 3: Conduct In-Depth Debriefs
- Present individual-level recommendations to stakeholders
- Present team-level recommendations to stakeholders
- Debrief participants in 1:1 sessions, including action planning
Step 4: Facilitate Transition
- Support individual and team growth/development
- Support off-boarding of leaders as needed
- Support on-boarding of external candidates
For more information, contact Robert C. Satterwhite, PhD at (203) 817-7522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Global Private Equity Report 2015