Filling the Global Leadership Pipeline
- The Situation: A global CPG needed to evaluate its top 150 leaders for global succession planning.
- The Solution: Leveraged online business case simulations, 360s, and personality and cognitive tests to communicate strengths, opportunities, and developmental recommendations.
- The Outcome: Implementation resulted in improved executive performance and global alignment around leadership bench strength.
Identifying and Developing High Potential Leaders
- The Situation: A defense company required help to identify and develop its global high potential leaders.
- The Solution: Conducted role plays, business cases, behavioral interviews, 360s, and tests to identify strengths, developmental areas, and action plans.
- The Outcome: Obtained buy-in and commitment to developmental activities via facilitated sessions with leaders and their managers.
Restructuring to Enhance Strategic Orientation
- The Situation: A Fortune 100 company needed assistance enhancing the strategic orientation of its 450 district managers.
- The Solution: Directed a team in the redesign of the DM position and its senior team for a more forward-looking posture; assessment process included interviews, business cases, and presentations to identify capabilities, pinpoint developmental gaps, and determine potential transition concerns for current staff into the new higher-level roles; directed teams across the US in overseeing and executing the entire selection process.
- The Outcome: Implementation resulted in a more agile, strategically oriented DM workforce; assessment tools were subsequently integrated into ongoing selection and performance appraisal processes.
Turning Around Team Performance
- The Situation: A multi-national pharmaceutical company required intervention to improve inter- and intra-regional team performance.
- The Solution: Led executive consultants in the evaluation of regional executive teams through interviews, mediated sessions, analysis of team processes (e.g., communication), and the identification of key competencies.
- The Outcome: Implementation improved organizational performance through increased alignment, consistency, and transparency.
Driving Development and Performance
- The Situation: The marketing division of a global pharmaceutical company required counsel in linking its performance management process to business objectives, strategy, and culture.
- The Solution: Directed a team in developing and validating functional competencies, and then integrating them into its performance management process; facilitated communication and change through web-based training modules, leader toolkits, education and resource guides, and the development of an internal resource advocate.
- The Outcome: Implementation resulted in more productive performance reviews and greater awareness of employee strengths and developmental opportunities.
Transitioning to Automated Hiring
- The Situation: An executive branch federal agency needed guidance in its transition from a purely manual hiring process to one that is online and automated.
- The Solution: Directed a team in a comprehensive competency analysis of agency-wide jobs and subsequent development and validation of a wide range of selection tools, including tests and behavioral interviews; follow-on work included the development and validation of a physical abilities test for warehouse personnel.
- The Outcome: Implementation resulted in enhanced branding, improved candidate experience, upgraded talent pools, and decreased time to hire.
Screening for High-Volume Jobs
- The Situation: A global retailer required a more efficient, consistent, and legally defensible way to screen 500k+ candidates/year.
- The Solution: Directed a cross-functional team in a comprehensive job analysis for over 500 hourly and management jobs and the subsequent development and validation of a wide range of selection tools, including minimum/preferred qualifications, behavioral interviews, and business simulations.
- The Outcome: Implementation resulted in a smarter, more pragmatic, and more accurate program for selecting ‘the right person for the right job at the right time’.